Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome to all new and existing members.

So how are we doing so far?

Love the group and the new digs.
 
 3

This is going to take some getting used too.
 
 2

I miss MSN Groups.
 
 0

Multiply is way better than MSN Groups.
 
 1

I'm just here to look around.
 
 0

Other
 
 0

 I have sent a personal email to every ones email address I had access to on MSN Groups. From that effort, we jumped from 12 members to 23, and received only 2 replies to the personal email invitations, We had 400 members at peak over there with the current count of about 360. 90% of the emails were hotmail and yahoo accounts; the daily use of which is not necessarily as popular as it once was. At least half of those were returned undeliverable. A great many people over the years have joined WBB on a day when they were just surfing and have never returned. It's the nature of the beast.

Prior to this effort, Multiply sent an invitation as part of the migration and I have sent a couple three manager messages inviting everyone to come over. I have done about all I can do to invite our existing members.

The end result is you; our 23 existing members. You are the heart and soul of this group, and I appreciate your involvement. You are the best of the best of WBB...

Are next step as a group is to become more active here. I implore you to explore the site, upload your project photos (new or old), post notes and blogs, and comment on the new and the old posts and content.

I promise to continue to complete the migration and work towards our goal to make this site "The best source on the net for wooden boat building information, links, resources, and comradery."

Thank you for your support..

-Kruez-


 

No comments:

Post a Comment