Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chris-Craft Kit Boat Still In Box




1958 14' Chris Craft Barracuda boat kit still in box
I thought I would post this here because I know a lot may find this interesting and enjoy seeing this boat kit. My neighbor and good friend has a 14 Ft Barracuda Chris Craft Boat Kit from 1958 or 1959 (he can't remember exact year.) He bought it then and never got around to building it. It still has the original shipping label on the box. It has been in the box all of this time and never opened it until a few weeks ago (only one box of the two were opened) to inspect the contents and take pictures.) Everything is is excellent condition like new. I have been doing a lot of research on it and can't find any that are original and not built still in the box. I have found a few that have been restored but even those are hard to find. I also found that you can buy replica boat kits of this boat. He has decided to sell it since he is 81 now and won't ever use it. I made a few web pages to show pictures and all the info I have collected so far. I have gotten a lot of response on how unique it is. Feel free to tell me any info you may have or just comments. - by tapeduper

4 comments:

  1. Where is the kit located? What kind of price is he looking for?
    Thanks
    Tom in Dallas Tx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u sell yet? Markboys@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was the first boat I ever was in. My Father and Uncles built it. We used it in Ohio and Florida. It was a great boat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anybody know if this boat kit was sold yet. Contact me at 316-210-5670 and lets talk price. Please call !!

    ReplyDelete