Monday, February 9, 2009

42 ft ply on frame timber trawler

42' Displacement Trawler built by former member Aussiedude from Burpengary Queensland in Australia.

Some of you that were around back in 2004 may remember Aussiedude's project. We were following his build over the years. This boat launched November 2007 so it is old news. I just came across it again while looking through the member list and thought I would share.

Aussiedudes website has all the photo updates and vessel information. I found it interesting looking through it again.

He has also built a Corsair 13 from Bateau as a tender. I've sent him an email just to be neighborly and ask him to stop in and check out our new digs here on multiply.

 

2 comments:

  1. That's a huge project for a home-built boat. I bet 90% of all attempts that size don't get finished, at least by the original builders. It looks great too - nice design and construction.

    ReplyDelete