Friday, March 14, 2008

Flapjack

Well I just wanted to touch base with everyone. It seems like we have had a long, wet winter but the weather here in Nor. Cal. Has finally started to cooperate and I am making progress on the Flapjack. I have just added a few photos for anyone interested. You will at least be able to get an idea of what she looks like. I have made some progress since these pix were taken and will probably post some more pix next week. I just got an order from Jamestown Distributors today with my oarlocks and oar leathers. I have the interior sanding almost finished and plan to start painting next wk. With any luck at all I should have her in the water by the first part of May. It will be a while before I have her mast built but I am looking forward to getting on the water and logging some rowing time. I will be in touch soon. In the meantime I am comforted by the spirit of the immortal Ratty who so wisely noted that, “There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about with boats.”

 

 

Until next time,

 

 

Winks

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why my message has all the additinal symbols but you get the idea.   Winks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winks, looking great - Can't wait to see your progress...   We are doing really great with weather here.  Its been in the mid 30's to 40's here and our snow is dissapearing rapidly.   Andy

    ReplyDelete