Sunday, March 11, 2007

Progress

Hello all!! I had to change my account. It wouldn't let me in under my old one.  I've been working on the Mark 75 I picked up. I won't be going with the Evinrude Golden Jubilee. The Mark 75 is almost 60lbs lighter, only 30lbs. heavier than an Evinrude "Big Twin" 35 h.p..      Anyway, to cold to work on the boat. I'll be getting to that when the engine is done, which will be soon. I have no garage, so, I have to wait until the weather breaks. I have photos loaded in my WebShots. Click the link provided, Barracuda folder. If the link doesn't work, you can copy & paste it.
Good to talk to you all!!
 
                 Jim Sgrig
 

6 comments:

  1. Looking good Jim - looks like a lot of work ahead of you, keep on posting shots as you progress - launch date is when???   Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This message has been deleted by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andy, Yes, alot of work ahead. I got all the small stuff for the engine painted today, brackets, starter, etc.. The lower end is done, all new bearings & seals, new water pump. The tins are ready for paint. As soon as the tins are done, it's time for reassembly!!! Then it's on to the boat!! I'm hoping for July, but, I'm not gettin' them too high. Definately has to be done by fall for vacation. It's up to northern Pa for some lake hopping!!          Jim Sgrig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!!!!! The tins are done!! It's time to start reassembly!!!!
    Can ya tell I'm excited!!!!! I used Dupont basecoat/clearcoat. Waterslide reproduction decals. Basecoat, decals, then clearcoat. My motor was originally the all charcoal version. I used a GM color that was pretty .... close. The weather is getting warmer, the motor will be done soon, it'll be time to start on the boat!!!!!

    Go here to see more photos!! http://community.webshots.com/user/pywgn

    This is starting to get good!!!!!!

    Jim Sgrig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee Jim, your about ready to start the "hard" stuff.   The engine looks great- you deserve a WOOHOO!!!! back...   Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Andy!!! Well........double Woo Hoo!!!!! The motor assembly is complete!!! Here's the link again:     http://community.webshots.com/user/pywgn  Page 3 of the Barracuda folder. I just have to polish the cowl wrap. Now, it's on to the boat!! I will keep everyone posted on progress!! Thanks again!!               Jim S.

    ReplyDelete