Sunday, March 28, 2004

Re:Will's Wherry

Thanks folks for the kind words about my Cosine Wherry. This was my 1st endeavor at boat building. There were times when I wondered why I  ever started, but I was too far along to quit. The Hull is made of light and dark Western Red Cedar with an Alaska Yellow Cedar accent strip. The gunnels and seats are of White Ash. The transom is marine Mahogany plywood. There are 2 layers of fiberglass on the inside and 3 on the outside. I used System Three resin. It took me 398 hours for the project. The oars are made of Sitka Spruce  with Mahogany strips and White ash tippets. Just for fun I'll post an album with a few construction pictures later.Yes, the picture was taken in Depoe Bay, Oregon at the 2002 Wooden Boat Show. This years dates are April 24th & 25th. See you all there?
Will

3 comments:

  1. Will,   Do you live in Depoe Bay, Oregon? Need that  info for your project page... I will get right on it...   I noticed your project pics in your photo album. Very nice... You make it look easy and pretty quick from the photos. Grin... Of course were missing the 50 hours between steps. lol... It truely is a magnificent boat.   Kudos...   Kruez

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well as missing the 50 hours between steps....we're missing that collection of CLAMPS. Jumpin' Jehosafat that's a collection of iron there Amigo. If I had half that many clamps I could start a new dynasty of SOME sort. --- LOL   Absolutely marvelous picture spread and congrats on making national publication. Okay....so who's going to review the story?   lol again   Three cheers and 21 gun saluteWill !!! We're in pretty high company now, I'd say.   Cheers, PS1                                                

    ReplyDelete
  3. This message has been deleted by the author.

    ReplyDelete