Tuesday, March 9, 2004

Ahoy!

I am a "new" member here, although I joined up over a week ago. I tried replying to a thread via email, but it never got posted.

Anyway, My name is Matthew, and I live in the Wilmington area of North Carolina. I have been into boating for most of my life. The boats I have had are a 1976 Correct Craft Ski Tique, which I loved dearly but sadly had to sell ( Its still in the family though) when I moved to NC from CA, and the Mitch Craft 516 SportFish CC that I currently have for fishing on the ICW. I have purchased a set of plans from BoatPlansOnline.com for a PK-78 dinghy. I plan to use it as a first build project and a sailing refresher boat. I don't have the wood purchased yet, but thanks to my recent marriage I have begun to acquire a nice bunch of tools as gifts! Hopefully I can get started on the PK-78 soon and start planning another build afterwards. Merten's P21 sure looks like a winner, but I would love to have a classic type catboat...

Just daydreaming about boats,
Matthew

1 comment:

  1. Xlsport,   Dreamming is the first step in any successful endeaver. Sounds like you have a good plan worked out. The PK-78 is nice little dinghy. Here's the link at Bateau: http://boatplans-online.com/proddetail.php?prod=PK78 Congrats on the tools, oh, and the wedding. Be sure and take photos when you get started so we can follow your project. The next step is to get started. Nothing half so much worth doing then simply messing about in a boat you built.                                                  

    ReplyDelete