Sunday, February 4, 2007

A little chilly here...

Good Sunday morning to all:
 
Woke up this morning at 5:15 to a temperature of  -20 deg F, windchill at -34.  I don't think I will be working on the boat today.
 
We have been getting some snow and so have about 8-10 inches on the ground.  I am thinking about bringing my cross country skis in and redoing the bottoms on them.  I got out of the habit of daily ski's a few years ago and haven't put them on since despite the fact that I enjoy being outdoors and getting a little exercise.  My snowshoes are on the porch but so far the snow is super light and fluffy and 'shoes wouldn't do me much good...
 
I am starting to get cabin fever - I guess I'll daydream about warmer temps and go back to internet searching  boats, I am still looking for that one design that I will build next...
 
Hope everyone has a great day...
 
Andy

6 comments:

  1. 3F (-26F windchill)  here in southwestern Michigan.  Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northwest WI about 60 miles south of Duluth/Superior, little town of  Haugen (just north of Rice Lake).   Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's minus 12 this morning, no idea what the wind chill is, but it bites at you.  I left the house, suit and tie on, wool over coat and a knit socking cap, I was a site to be seen.   On a good note, I ordered my plywood, 20 sheets of BS1088, have to down to Joliet and pick it up on the 19th.  Will kill a whole day, but still cheaper than having it shipped.    Hey Andy if you want anything, let me know.  I will bring it back to Green Bay, and you would have to pick it up. aholley@bankfirstnational.com   Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eldest son and his family live just south of St. Paul and have been reporting weather similar to yours.  Until Lake Michigan freezes over it will be warmer here, but once it does, we will get about what you are.   Keep warm and know the boating season is on the way.   Are you planning to make the mess about on Lake Pepin in June? Greg Luckett  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greg, I tried to find info from the Visitors Guide for Lake Pepin area but didn't have much luck with the limited time I had this a.m.  This is the site I went to -   http://www.mississippi-river.org/lakepepin.html   I just started a new job in October and so plans for this summer are somewhat tentative depending on it and other prior plans we are committed too.  I'm not saying no, I just don't know at this point...   We are warming up this morning, we are at about -15 this a.m. with a predicted high of around +4...   Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, Try this link: http://www.paxtonconsulting.com/LakePepinMessabout.html   Greg.

    ReplyDelete