Monday, January 15, 2007

It's been awhile since I have been out here, and I have a few more questions.

As some of you know, I finished building my duck hunting boats last year right before the start of the season, (think the paint was still a little damp, opening morning).  For their purposes the boats worked great.  The Scaup by Devlin was easy to hid, hauled almost enough gear for three guys and I have to say handled bigger waves then I ever thought it would.  The Merrymeeting Bay scull boat, works ok.  There is a steep learning curve on sculling and finding a good pic or plans of a scull oar are seen as much as bigfoot is.  We sculling a few times, never moved fast enough to get into the flocks, but it was stable and could haul a fair amount of gear and even move at aobut 6 mph with a 2 hp.
So here is my question, I am going to start another boat soon, this one is going to be big, going to scarf three full sheets together and work from there.  My question is does anyone know how steep of an angle I can bend the plywood (3/4" BS 1088)?

2 comments:

  1. HI YOU COULD TRY
    http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/gsahv/oss/oss.htm#WIO
    THIS HAS A LOT OF INFO AND SOME GOOD AND CRAZY BOAT IDEAS AND PLANS ,I LOVE MOST OF WHAT HE'S DONE, I USED HIS ONE SHEET DUG PLANS TO BUILD MY FIRST [AS YET] CANOE.
    BOGSDOLICS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this link - might be of some help...   http://worldpanel.com/?gclid=CLrI24Lk9IkCFRlmWAodXwzSJw   Andy

    ReplyDelete