Thursday, June 16, 2005

How do I rig ??

Hi guys, could you show me a drawing of how to rig my aft main sheet to my [one man] dinghy,It had only one fairlead at the starboard side when I got her I fitted one to the other side but the tiller protruds above the transom,So any sheet going across the transom would try to trap the tiller.
I am learning to sail on a wayfarer,which has a bar over the tiller level with the top of the transom so the main sheet pivots from directly above the tiller.
Any pictures,photos web pages would be appreciated,
Thanks bogdolics 

2 comments:

  1. Use the same idea. If a bar won't work, use a piece of line rigged from stern corner to stern corner with enough slack in it to miss the tiller.   Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank ,thanks ,I have a fairlead at both ends of the stern so I am going to run a line both under and over the tiller, but slack enough that it will not interfere with it.So when I attach the main sheet it should pull the line up in a trangle. thanks again. bogdolics. 

    ReplyDelete