Monday, June 20, 2005

Chris Craft kit boat

Dear Members, I may have mentioned previously that I am restoring a 1956 Chris Craft kit boat, the Barracuda model with a walk through seating arrangement. We are getting ready to revarnish and repaint her and would appreciate your photos yet unposted of other member's kit boats and/or locations of current postigs, if any. Since the finish of these kits was left to the original builder (assembler) I do not believe any standard colors or finishes existed. Please share with me any our your collective knowledge as I would like to finishe this project soon and begin to show her. This project means alot to me since I actually assembled an identiocal model in 1956 and used her for a couple of years (until I discovered girls). 
I had the pleasure of visiting the Antique and Classic Boat Society show in St. Michaels this past weekend at the wonderful Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, and saw over 100 examples of beautiful old boats. As you may have seen previously, Jim Shotwell was showing his new kit boats, under the name of James Craft Kit Boats, built on the plans of the actual mid-fiftys CC kit boats. What a great way to perpetuate this unique segment of recreational boat history and at the same time providing meaningful projects for families and individuals, and at a reasonable price. Thanks Jim!!
Thanks in advance for yor assistance.
Dick Burkhard,

No comments:

Post a Comment