Wednesday, August 9, 2006

New - Old - Bandsaw

An older friend of mine has made available to me an 18" bandsaw that has been sitting in the basement of a rental unit he owns.  25+ years ago he paid  $125 for it at an auction.  He now just wants to get it out of this building as the apartments have been sold. 
He said I could have it for whatever price I wanted to offer, so we agreed on $100 as I have to still get this massive piece out of the basement.  He is throwing in another more modern 10" bandsaw with a few parts missing and an antique Singer tredle sewing machine (can't tell the condition under all of the dirt/dust).
So you can imagine that I am very happy...!

2 comments:

  1. Andy,   Sounds like a nice find...   Kruez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kruez,   GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am so excited to get the "beast" out of the basement....  Unfortunately, the city just decided to repair the sidewalk at the only entrance to the basement walkway, so I have to wait a couple of days till they move the barriers.

    ReplyDelete