Friday, April 9, 2010

NEED HELP

I'm looking for information on fabric or light canvas covering on the plywood interior walls of my canal boat. I know this was a common pratice for decks in years gone by but the materials used then probably won't work for me. Since getting a good paint job on plywood is pretty hard to do since the quality of wood is so poor I thought covering the wood would allow for a better finish and cover up the minor flaws.

Any one with any thoughts I'd sure like to hear from you.

 

CB

2 comments:

  1. I used construction adhesive to attach cedar planking (closet liner stuff) to the bulkheads of my Peep Hen CHICKADEE.

    see photo here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hensnest/photos/album/559675680/pic/1874840307/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don,
    I were thinking burlap.. Some fabric and craft stores sell colored burlap by yardage.. and somewhat cheaper than canvas..
    One way to add some soundproofing..
    It is easy to attach to panels before hanging them in place, by pulling it around behind and staple it, or use latex carpet cement.. Lotsa opinion out there..
    Why not 12" square cork tiles?

    ReplyDelete