Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Nanaimo BC Canada Shipwright

Hello Folks:  I just joined your group and am sending my first ( of many ) message to all you enthusiasts of the wooden boat builders group. I,m Al, and have been around boats all my life. ( I,m 51 ) I,m a shipwright by trade ( and by choice lol ) and wouldn,t want it any other way. I was first introduced to this way of life when i was more of a nusiance than a help lol. My granddad was a shipwright in the Halifax Shipyards in Nova Scotia, and would always take me with him whenever he could. I fell in love with the way these magnificent structures were put together, and haven,t stopped ever since. Before I put you all to sleep, I  just wanted to say hello and thank the folks here for letting me join all of you in this group.  Happy Puttering All............Al

No comments:

Post a Comment